The symposium will be held in the Lamar Dodd School of Art Building at University Georgia. The Lamar Dodd School of Art’s Main Building is located at 270 River Road, Athens, GA 30602.
Parking will be available in Parking Lot E07, East Campus Parking Deck, and Performing Arts Center (PAC) parking deck.
Directions to the Lamar Dodd School of Art
TRAVELING BY AIR
UGA is accessible from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Atlanta, GA. Average travel time between the airport and UGA is one-and-one-half hours, though travel time may be affected by Atlanta traffic. There is scheduled ground shuttle service between Hartsfield-Jackson and various points in Athens. For more information or to make a reservation, contact Groome Transportation (706-612-1155). Lyft and Uber, as well as Rental car service are also available. Bus service is limited.
TRAVELING BY CAR
- Follow I-85 to Georgia Highway 316 (Exit 106).
- Proceed east on GA 316 for approximately 40 miles until you see signs for Athens Perimeter (GA Loop 10). Important: Make sure not to exit at the exit for Bogart/Monroe at US Highway 78.
- Following the “University of Georgia/Lexington/Hartwell” sign at the junction of GA 316 and the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), bear right onto the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10).
- Continuing on Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), proceed to and exit at College Station Road (Exit 7).
- Turn left onto College Station Road.
- Turn right onto River Road- you will pass a large parking deck on the left- bear to the right to continue on River Road
- You will see a brown sign for the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Parking deck on the left. Turn left. Go up the hill & the parking deck is straight ahead (pay by the hour).
Visitors may park in any pay lot or pay deck. All parking deck pay facilities accept credit cards.There are two parking decks close to the Dodd: the South Campus Parking Deck and the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Parking Deck (see map).
After 4 pm, E11 and E07 surface lots adjacent to the Dodd are available for visitor parking at no charge. Visit the UGA Parking website for more detailed information.
Visitors may park in the Georgia center parking deck S11. Park conveniently adjacent to the hotel.